Our Web Design Process
At ClearPoint Web Solutions we strive to make the web design process simple and easy on you, so you have more time to spend on your business! We use WordPress as a website platform due to its simplicity and many benefits.
Your Free Initial Consultation
Talk to us. If you are located near Billerica, we can meet you in person. If you are located outside of our traveling area or don’t have time to meet, we can easily hold the consultation via phone or Skype. (It’s helpful if you fill out the quote request form, before we chat, but not essential.)
Tell us about you and your company. We’ll discuss your needs, your wants and your overall website goals. This helps us understand exactly what you are looking for and how to best accomplish it.
Show us websites that you like. By providing examples of websites that you like, we can better understand the look and feel you desire. Many clients have a mental image of what they want their website to look like. It is important that you like the way your website looks, however it is even more important that your customers find it appealing and easy to use. We build websites that are geared towards your target customer.
Your Detailed Website Proposal
After we gather information about your project, we will prepare a detailed Website Proposal. The Website Proposal serves as the detailed outline for the project and a firm price estimate. 99% of our clients never pay more than their estimated price quote. If the price is exceeded, it is always because the client decided to expand the website beyond the original plan, or needed stock photography, or other additional services. The price never changes without your expressed permission.
When the proposal is accepted, we require a deposit of half the estimated price. Once the deposit is received, we will begin your website project. We have a fast and simple payment process which allows you to easily pay online and get the project started ASAP! (Our payment schedule is as follows. 50% of the total is due upon project acceptance, 30% is due upon first review, and the remaining 20% is due upon site launch.)
Things We Need From You
- Photos ~ If you don’t have your own photos, stock photographs can be purchased from a site like iStockPhoto, to complement your website design.
- Website Content or Page Text ~ Website content that you would like to display on the site. Consider whether you would like to hire a professional copywriter to help write your website content, if none exists. If you have prospective content in other marketing materials or websites, please provide it.
- Domain Name (www.yourcompanyname.com) ~ If you already have a domain name, we will need your username and password. If you don’t have an existing domain name, we will help you register one in your name.
- Website & Email Hosting ~ If you already have hosting, we will need your username and password for server access. If you don’t have hosting, we will recommend a reliable hosting company and help you sign up.
- Social Media Links ~ Provide links to your social media pages, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc, – if you’d like them to be included in the site.
- Contact Manager ~ If you would like a Subscribe form in your site, please provide login information for your contact manager, such as MailChimp, aweber, etc. (Or, provide the web form code.)
Website Design & Development
Once the website proposal is approved and signed off on the website design and development process will begin. We will build you a professional and engaging WordPress website, as outlined in the proposal. During the development phase you will have several opportunities to review the site and provide feedback.
Once the website is built, tested, and approved, we will make the site live to the world! Timeframes for website completion typically range from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the size of the site and your response time in providing your part of the equation!
Each website project includes live training on how to edit page content, create blog posts, and maintain your WordPress website. In addition to this training, you will be given resources for additional information on using and maintaining your WordPress website. We also provide WordPress maintenance plans for those that want it.
How Do I Get Started?
Request your FREE initial consultation today. We look forward to hearing from you!